University Managed Houses

University Managed Houses are private sector houses leased to the Accommodation Office, which lets them to groups of students. The Accommodation Office acts as the landlord, collecting rent and deposits, and is responsible for managing the house while you live there, including ensuring safety standards are met and maintenance is carried out.

Houses usually have 4 bedrooms, however there are some 3 and 5 bed houses.

Important Information

  • To be eligible to rent a Property Managed House, applicants must be enrolled on a full-time course at the University, and be free of debt to the University.
  • Students enter into a 49 week fixed-term tenancy with the University.
  • University Managed Houses are let to groups of students but single spaces are occasionally available later in the year, and these will be advertised on StudentPad.
  • All rents include belongings insurance, most rents include water and sewerage charges, and all exclude heating, electricity and broadband. Please check StudentPad for details of each house.
  • Properties are not liable for Council Tax provided they are occupied exclusively by full-time or placement year students. Undergraduate students in their final year at University should be aware that they will become liable to pay Council Tax from the official end-date of their course until the end of the tenancy. 
  • All financial debts to the University MUST be cleared before Graduation. We will therefore arrange your payment schedule in your final term to ensure that rent for the whole tenancy has been cleared by 1st June.

Page Owner: t00580
Page Created: Thursday 25 November 2010 14:52:41 by cz0001
Last Modified: Tuesday 18 October 2016 15:49:27 by ks0037
Expiry Date: Saturday 1 September 2012 00:00:00
Assembly date: Tue Oct 25 15:29:42 BST 2016
Content ID: 42406
Revision: 24
Community: 1319

Rhythmyx folder: //Sites/
Content type: rx:Generic