Please be advised by applying, you are agreeing that you have already read the Conditions of Residence in the Residents' Guide.
New Students or Students Returning (September 2017)
- New Students starting in September 2017, or returning students wishing to apply to stay for academic year 2017/2018 can apply from the 20th February 2017 at 10am
- Please ensure that you apply for academic year 2017/18 if you are starting in September 2017 and not 2016/17.
- The deadline to apply for returning students for 2017/18 is March 13 2017 and the guaranteed deadline to apply for New UG Students starting in September 2016 is Tuesday 25th July, the deadline for New PG students to apply is Tuesday 1 August 2017.
- Please read the allocations policy 2017/18 for full details before applying.
Please note that you can only apply if the University of Surrey is your firm choice.
Once you have accepted your offer to study it can take up to 72 hours for your details to be transferred to the Accommodation system at which time you can apply.
Students currently enrolled and in attendance
Whilst you can apply for accommodation, we currently do not have any available for students that are currently in attendance and it will be unlikely that anything will become available.
What happens after I have applied?
- You can log in and check your room preferences at any time.
- It is advisable to log back in and check once to be sure that all your preferences have been saved. If you have successfully entered room preferences on the application system you will receive an email within 5 hours confirming the choices you have made. Please note that you are unable to change your preference online, if you decide that you want to change your preferences please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can change them for you.(please note that if you request changes you will not be able to see them)
- If you do not get this email, please log back in and check that your preferences appear. If they do not, please re-enter them and make sure you click the ‘Continue’ button on each page.
- You will receive an email detailing your room offer if you have been successful in your application, this will be from the Third week of December for Semester 2 Starters. April 2017 for returning students for Academic year 2017/18, from 17th August 2017 for New UG students starting in September 2017/18 and the first 2 weeks of August for New PG Students starting in September 2017.
- Once you receive a room offer you will need to make the pre-payment of £250.00 and accept on-line to secure your booking.
Conditions of Residence
These conditions form part your accommodation agreement the University and tell you what is expected of residents. Full details of the conditions can be found in the
In particular your attention is drawn to the following conditions:
- Students living in University owned accommodation are licensees. Your license is granted because of your intention to follow a course of study at the University. If you cease to follow a course of study at the University you will be required to leave residence.
- Your license is for a fixed period and there are financial penalties if you decide to leave residence early before the end of the period.
- You are required to conduct yourself in a responsible and safe manner and not to disturb other residents.
- You may not sub-let your room or let anyone else live there.
- You must pay rent by the due date either in full or agreeing a payment plan.
- All residences are non-smoking including bedrooms and all common areas.