Please be advised by applying, you are agreeing that you have already read the Conditions of Residence in the Residents' Guide.
New Students 2015/16
New students can apply for University accommodation for 2015/16.
- New students are guaranteed Accommodation as long as they apply by the appropriate deadline. For full details of the guarantees please see the eligibility page).
- Those applying later are not guaranteed and will be allocated if spaces become available.
- Please note that you can only apply if the University of Surrey is your firm choice.
- Once you have accepted your offer to study it can take up to 72 hours for your details to be transferred to the Accommodation system at which time you can apply.
What happens after I have applied?
- You can log in and check your room preferences at any time.
- It is advisable to log back in and check once to be sure that all your preferences have been saved. If you have successfully entered room preferences on the application system you will receive an email within 5 hours confirming the choices you have made. Please note that you are unable to change your preference online, if you decide that you want to change your preferences please email us at email@example.com and we can change them for you.(please note that if you request changes you will not be able to see them)
- If you do not get this email, please log back in and check that your preferences appear. If they do not, please re-enter them and make sure you click the ‘Continue’ button on each page.
- You will receive an email detailing your room offer if you have been successful in your application, this will be from the third week of August 2015.
- Once you receive a room offer you will need to make the pre-payment of £250.00 and accept on-line to secure your booking.
Conditions of Residence
These conditions form part your accommodation agreement the University and tell you what is expected of residents. Full details of the conditions can be found in the
In particular your attention is drawn to the following conditions:
- Students living in University owned accommodation are licensees. Your license is granted because of your intention to follow a course of study at the University. If you cease to follow a course of study at the University you will be required to leave residence.
- Your license is for a fixed period and there are financial penalties if you decide to leave residence early before the end of the period.
- You are required to conduct yourself in a responsible and safe manner and not to disturb other residents.
- You may not sub-let your room or let anyone else live there.
- You must pay rent by the due date either in full or agreeing a payment plan.
- All residences are non-smoking including bedrooms and all common areas.