Please be advised by applying, you are agreeing that you have already read the Conditions of Residence in the Residents' Guide.
Conditions of Residence
These conditions form part your accommodation agreement the University and tell you what is expected of residents. Full details of the conditions can be found in the Residents' Guide. In particular your attention is drawn to the following conditions:
- Students living in University owned accommodation are licensees. Your licence is granted because of your intention to follow a course of study at the University. If you cease to follow a course of study at the University you will be required to leave residence.
- Your licence is for a fixed period and there are financial penalties if you decide to leave residence early before the end of the period.
- You are required to conduct yourself in a responsible and safe manner and not to disturb other residents.
- You may not sub-let your room or let anyone else live there.
- You must pay rent by the due date either in full or agreeing a payment plan.
- All residences are non-smoking including bedrooms and all common areas.
New and Returning Students - 2nd Semester 2014/15
Applications remain open for 2014/15.
Please provide information on what date you would like to move in so we can best match your application to cancellation spaces that may become available.
Continuing Students 2015/16
Returning students can apply for University accommodation for 2015/16 from the 1st December 2014 at 10am. Applications received before the 22nd December 2014 will be allocated first and given preference for available spaces (please note that if you are in a guaranteed group this is your guarantee deadline - for full details of the Allocation Policy and guarantees please see the eligibility page). Those applying later are not guaranteed and will be allocated as spaces become available.
What happens after I have applied?
- You can log in and check your room preferences at any time.
- It is advisable to log back in and check once to be sure that all your preferences have been saved. If you have successfully entered room preferences on the application system you will receive an email within 5 hours confirming the choices you have made.
- If you do not get this email, please log back in and check that your preferences appear. If they do not, please re-enter them and make sure you click the ‘Continue’ button on each page.
- You will receive an email detailing if you have been successful in your applications, for Continuing students this will be from February 2015 and new students from the third week of August 2015.
- If you are successful with your application you will receive a room offer that you will need to make the pre-payment and accept online to secure your booking.