Study Dance at Surrey
Dance at Surrey offers:
- Highly qualified academic staff respected professionally, nationally and internationally
- Friendly working atmosphere with good studio, rehearsal and teaching facilities
- A wide range of high quality performing opportunities including student shows, site specific work, composer and choreographer workshops and projects with visiting professionals
- A professional training programme provides unique vocational opportunities at internationally recognised companies and institutions in Britain
- Excellent employment prospects in education, the community, theatre and industry
- Only 35 minutes by train from the international cultural scene in London providing opportunities to see the latest dance works from Britain and overseas
- Campusdance, Surrey Sports Park and Optimum Fitness provide cheap sport, supplementary dance training and sports therapy on campus
All dance forms underpin the BA Dance and Culture degree programmes at the University of Surrey. A focus on dances of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, from ballet to Kathak, from tap to tango, allows you to study and experience dance forms as they exist today, and encourages you to understand the precedents of these forms.
The Dance Studies programmes are made up of practical classes, lecture and seminars. Performance and choreography modules require close collaboration with staff, while theory modules allow more time to work in the Library and in the National Resource Centre for Dance.