Study Literature at Surrey
As an English Literature student at the University of Surrey you will join an innovative, forward thinking department which benefits from staff expertise in delivering excellent degree programmes in the arts, culture, communication and humanities. Your degree will provide you with a strong grounding in different approaches and practices in English literature before you move on to focus specifically on contemporary and global literatures, creative writing or a wide range of other options.
You will be able to choose from a variety of optional modules taught by leading researchers, and will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of relevant practical and transferable skills which will provide you with a competitive edge in the employment market.
Ten reasons to study English Literature at Surrey
- Focus on contemporary literature
- Opportunity to choose from a range of innovative modules
- Benefit from staff expertise in comparative literature, contemporary cultural studies and the interface between literature and visual media
- Opportunity to study English along side creative writing
- Supportive learning environment with committed, friendly and approachable staff
- Staff who are committed to teaching and research at the highest international level
- Provides you with the skills necessary to launch your future career
- Opportunities for a unique professional training year available in degree-related professions(subject to availability)
- The Guildford Book Festival is held every October with some events on the University campus
- Excellent location only 40 minutes’ train journey from Central London – one of the world’s leading cultural centres