About The Ion Beam Centre
The Surrey Ion Beam Centre is an ISO9001 certified UK National Facility supported by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council ( EPSRC ).
It is also accredited under ISO17025 by by the UK national accreditation body (UKAS) for the accurate determination ("calibration") of retained dose for ion-implanted samples, in particular, 150 keV 1015As/cm2 implants, and samples with similar spectroscopic signals (using Rutherford backscattering spectrometry with 1.5 MeV 4He+). The accredited minimum combined standard uncertainty of such determinations is 1%.
- To lead major innovative research programmes within the framework of the Advanced Technology Institute in order to protect IP for the UK community.
- To initiate collaborative research projects and stimulate multi-disciplinary interactions, with the University, nationally and internationally.
- To enable innovative research programmes requiring the use of ion beams, including the introduction of ion beam methods to new discipline areas.
- To provide high quality facilities, intellectual input and a broad knowledge base to users.
- To strengthen close interaction with the user community and industry to determine and agree priorities in future resource development.
- To train and educate the UK community in the applications and technology of ion beams and provide a technology transfer to industry and academia.
- To contribute to the prosperity and competitiveness of UK industry.