To help you in using the new brand, we have created a range of templates. Please use these rather than create your own.
We appreciate there will be a variety of other templates required, and we will work to build a fuller set over time. If there is not a suitable template provided, please send your version to us - we can then incorporate it into the suite of templates, if appropriate, making it available for use across the University. This should allow us to cover most requirements, whilst maintaining a consistent visual identity and avoiding duplication of work.
Using the templates
How to download them
To download a template, right-click on the link and select Save Target As... (in Internet Explorer) or Save Link As... (in Firefox).
Where to save them
The templates should be saved in the designated templates folder on your computer. To find out the location of this folder, open Word and select Options from the Tools menu. Click on the File Locations tab and note the Location of the User templates.
Starting a new document
To start a new document based on one of the templates, select New from the File menu in Word. The Task Pane will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Under Templates, click On my computer... The new templates should appear within the General tab. Double click the one you want and a new document will be created.
Changing address details
Once you've downloaded and saved your templates, you'll want to customise them by changing the name and address details. Here's what to do:
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder where your templates are stored (see Where to save them above).
- Right-click on the template you want to modify and select Open
- The name and address details are stored in the header section, so select Header and Footer from the View menu in Word
- Change the details so they are relevant to you. Don't change font size or colour though as these are part of the brand.
- Close the header by clicking the Close button on the Header and Footer toolbar.
- Save the template and close it.
Templates for download
Letterheads are available for both faculty and non-faculty departments. We have provided templates suitable for printing on pre-printed letterhead paper (ie no logo within the template) and with the logo included within the template (useful for sending electronically).
- Faculty preprinted (no logo)
- Faculty electronic (includes logo)
- Non-faculty preprinted (no logo)
- Non-faculty electronic (includes logo)
The fax template can be used by both faculty and non-faculty departments. It includes the logo in black.
- Fax template (includes logo)
The memo template can be used by both faculty and non-faculty departments. It includes the logo in black.
- Memo template (includes logo)
The notice template can be used by both faculty and non-faculty departments. It includes the logo in black.
- Notice template (includes logo)
Compliment slips are available for both faculty and non-faculty departments. They do not include the logo, so they must be printed on pre-printed letterhead paper.
The brand PowerPoint template includes detailed guidelines for preparing presentations, as well as a range of images.
Please note that the slide size is set to ‘standard show’. If it will be used on widescreens the slide size should be adjusted and the master content etc cut and pasted in. If not the logo, images etc will be distorted if displayed to fill the screen.
Academic Poster Presentations
This template acts as a guide to the best use of the new logo for poster presentations. Please take note that it is sized to A4 and is scaleable to A0 at print.
UniSPrint print all such posters at a good price, and should be used rather than an external printer.