Impact Acceleration Account
The EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) follows on from the University of Surrey’s successful Knowledge Transfer Account (KTA) and is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
At the University of Surrey our IAA is hosted in collaboration with our key partner the National Physical Laboratory (NPL).
Running for three years from October 2012 until September 2015, the Surrey IAA has three key objectives:
- To increase engagement of key stakeholders with the University of Surrey’s EPSRC research
To accelerate the exploitation of the University of Surrey’s EPSRC research
- To demonstrate the impact and value of the University of Surrey’s EPSRC research
The Surrey IAA aims to accelerate the process of research exploitation by delivering an innovative programme of activities that will significantly enhance the reach and impact of past, current and future EPSRC funded research beyond established exploitation routes. The Surrey IAA will achieve this by funding collaborative projects with industry in the form of:
- Secondments and placements;
- Proof of concept and early stage commercialisation activity;
- Pathfinder funding and golden tickets.
For more information regarding the IAA, please follow the links below.
Information for stakeholders
Information for University of Surrey academics