Unitemps is the University of Surrey's award winning in-house recruitment agency. Our service uses students, recent graduates and experienced candidates from the local Guildford community as the primary candidate database in providing staff to the commercial sector as well as being the sole supplier of temporary staff to all University departments.
We place staff into temporary, permanent and fixed term contracts with full and part-time hours and seasonal jobs in the Guildford area.
Do you need staff in the following areas?
Administration, Brand Ambassadors, Catering, Events, Exam Invigilation, Hospitality, Laboratory Research, Market Research, Reception, Retail, Sales Advisors, Telesales, Translation.
We have nearly 7,000 high calibre candidates looking for work. Here’s some of the benefits they can bring to your business:
- Help you adjust to fluctuations in workflow
- No long-term commitment required
- Our students are enthusiastic and keen to gain essential work experience
- Hiring temps allows you to operate flexible staffing arrangements
- Get access to specialist skills by hiring a student
- Provide cover for core staff absence
- Students are willing to work flexible and unsociable hours
- Help with critical one-time projects which are limited in time and scope
- Students and/or graduates will bring fresh ideas and subject knowledge from their studies
Though we operate along similar lines to an employment agency, our consultants do not work for commission and all the profits are invested into the University to improve student facilities.
We are keen to build partnerships with local employers who want to support and invest in our students.
The department has been awarded franchise Location of the Year for 2013 in recognition of its continued growth and excellent client feedback.