Using an electronic voting system to support active learning (EL10)
- Tuesday 17 January 2012, 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Staff Training Room 20AP00, ground floor, Austin Pearce Building
- Open to:
This workshop explores the use of an electronic voting system (EVS) - where students use handsets to respond to questions - in medium and large group teaching, with the aim of encouraging greater student engagement and supporting active learning.
The workshop is a blend of presentation, discussion and hands-on activity including:
- Using the electronic handsets and understanding the student experience
- How EVS can support active learning and engagement within medium and large group contexts
- Models of practice and case studies from a range of subject areas
- Creating your questions using the EVS software within PowerPoint
- Alternative methods of voting via smartphones and laptops
- Practical guidance for running your session
- Next steps: booking arrangements and support
To attend this workshop please e-mail email@example.com and you will be contacted to confirm your booking.