Inspire Change Discover
Celebrate Surrey is a programme of public events which recognises the contribution that both the University of Surrey and Surrey Sports Park make to the intellectual, economic and cultural life of the local, national and global community.
Taking place during the year when the UK hosts the Olympic and Paralympic Games, Celebrate Surrey also provides the opportunity to mark and participate in these wider national celebrations.
And, it supports our wider strategy to engage more with people outside the University, to inspire them with opportunities for new learning and entertainment, to demonstrate how the work we do can be a catalyst for positive change and to encourage them to join our staff and students to discover more and to help shape what we do.
The University of Surrey
We are one of the UK’s leading professional, scientific and technological universities with a world-class research profile and a reputation for excellence in teaching and learning. We also have a strong and growing reputation in promoting the Arts, both as an academic discipline and as one of the major ways in which we support the creative industries.
We seek to benefit society and humanity through our teaching and research programmes, our students and staff and our relationships with industry, business and our local community. Find out more about recent Surrey success stories.
Did you know?
- We have 17,900* students studying with us and we employ nearly 2600 staff.
- Our ground-breaking research is bringing direct benefit to all spheres of life – helping UK industry to maintain its competitive edge and creating improvements in a broad range of key areas including health, medicine, space science, the environment, communications, defence and social policy.
- The employability of our students is one of our key strengths: we have an unrivalled track record for graduate employability dating back over a decade. We work with over 500 companies and a broad range of international institutions ensuring that our students benefit from global, real-world learning opportunities.
- We celebrated our 120th anniversary in 2011.
Surrey Sports Park
Surrey Sports Park is one of Europe’s premier sites for elite sport, physical activity, well-being and leisure.
Our multi-million pound facility offers a wide range of sporting facilities. We regularly attract international and national events and teams. But we support the ambitions of all users, regardless of their ability, from world class athletes to grassroots beginners.
Did you know?
- Our facilities include an 8 lane, 50m swimming pool, 3 multi-purpose sports arenas, 6 squash courts, 8 outdoor floodlit tennis courts, 10 grass football and rugby pitches, 4 dance and exercise studios, 2 consultation and treatment rooms, 3 artificial grass pitches including a 3G pitch, a 55m sprint track, a 12m high climbing centre
- We also offer a 120-station health and fitness centre including an extensive strength and conditioning area.
- We are a training venue for a number of teams taking part in this year’s Olympic Games and Paralympic Games