A Department within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- More than 60 per cent of research rated internationally excellent or world-leading in the latest RAE
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratories, including a new inductively-coupled plasma mass spectrometer
- Pioneering professional training year with many international placements including New Zealand, USA, Japan, and Canada
- Participation in leading research activities including fuel cell and nanotechnology research
- Number one in the UK for graduate employment