The Centre for Wellbeing provides support when personal issues are impacting on your ability to study and cope at University. We offer advice as well as therapeutic and practical support to help you cope and manage your studies.
There are several ways to register with our service to book an appointment:
- By calling us on 01483 689498 to have a registration form emailed to you, leaving a voicemail if you are calling outside of reception hours
- Online by completing the registration form and emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person, by calling into the Centre for Wellbeing reception during our opening hours which are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Enquiries can also be made by email to email@example.com
If you feel overwhelmed at any point and need help more urgently, please be aware of the following sources of support, that you may use if you find yourself feeling unable to cope:
- Centre for Wellbeing Nurse On Duty – available 9.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, for anyone needing to speak to a professional urgently because they are feeling unsafe (contact Centre for Wellbeing reception on 01483 689498)
- Guildford Safe Haven – 101 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford. Every evening 6.00pm – 11pm
- Further advice on what to do in a crisis can be found on our website
Alternatively, out of hours you can call 111 for non emergency advice or your local hospital for more urgent issues. Advice and support is also available from University Security 01483 682002, the Mental Health Crisis line: 0300 4568342 and Samaritans: 01483 505555. Click on our 'in an emergency' page for more information.
To book a medical appointment please call 01483 409309 for the NHS doctors medical practice (Guildowns).
Talk through emotional problems in confidence and find your way forward.
Click on the links to find out about the Centre for Wellbeing staff, and for directions to find our Health and Wellbeing services on campus.