Research within CVSSP is structured into six areas of core competence-
- The A-Lab focuses on machine audition, developing audio signal processing technology relating to speech recognition, and blind source separation.
- The B-Lab focuses on biometric and security related technologies, specialising in facial biometrics and lip tracking.
- The C-Lab focuses on cognitive systems, covering a broad range of technologies relating to visual interaction with computers. These include sign language recognition and robotics.
- The M-Lab focuses on medical imaging technologies and collaborates closely with leading healthcare institutions.
- The I-Lab focuses on multimedia communications, including audio-visual coding, broadcast and streaming technologies.
- The V-Lab focuses on video media, specialising in 3D content production, motion analysis, animation, visual search and retrieval technologies.
Read more about how research activity within the labs maps to specific research themes in CVSSP.