Are you interested in joining CVSSP?
We host a community of around 70 PhD students conducting research across a broad range of research areas. CVSSP'S PhD community is internationally diverse with students of all ages studying on a full or part-time basis. You can view our research themes here or contact the relevant academic with an informal enquiry.
If you wish to apply for a PhD with us then please follow this link to the Electronic Engineering Application Page.
Our PhD programmes start in October, January, April and July and run for 48 months full time. Our offers may be conditional of applicants achieving the minimum requirements for IELTS/Pearson's PTE and having satisfactory academic qualifications.
To apply directly then please click here.
Click here if you have a general enquiry about a PhD.
6 PhD Studentships (Fully Funded) - Starting October 2017
Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing (CVSSP), University of Surrey, UK
We are looking for outstanding and committed individuals who want to be part of a rich and stimulating research environment where you will be encouraged to contribute to advancing the state-of-the art through publication and participation in leading international forums.
CVSSP is a leading UK research centre in audio-visual signal processing, computer vision and machine learning with over 120 researchers and excellent facilities. Our aim is to advance the state of the art in multimedia signal processing and computer vision, with a focus on image, video and audio applications. The majority of the centre's research is conducted in collaboration with UK or European industry. CVSSP has a strong track-record of innovative research leading to technology transfer and exploitation in biometrics, creative industries (film, TV, games, VR), mobile communication, healthcare, robotics and consumer electronics.
The Centre is seeking to recruit outstanding individuals for fully funded PhD studentships starting in October 2017. Funding is available for up to 6 PhD studentships in the following areas:
- Audio-visual Signal Processing
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Data Science for Media
- Computational Photography and 3D Video
- Spatial Audio and Machine Audition
- Robot Vision and Autonomous Systems
- Biometrics and Surveillance
- Medical Image Analysis and Healthcare Technology
- Multimedia Communication Systems
- Digital Doubles and Free-viewpoint Video
- Vision and Audio for TV, Film, Games, Virtual and Augmented Reality
CVSSP is part of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department. Surrey has -been named 'University of the Year' and 'University of the Year for Student experience' in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and it is ranked third nationally for electronic engineering by the Guardian University Guide 2017.
Please see the Jobs at Surrey page for more information on the current vacancies available.
To apply for the PhD Studentship visit the application website
- Studenship in PhD face matching for automatic identity retrieval, recognition, verification and management, read more here.
- Studenship in PhD medical Imaging - developing new imaging approaches in cancer therapy, read more here.
- Studenship in PhD face Recognition, read more here.
- Studentship in PhD magnetic resonance imaging, read more here.
- 6 Funded PhD Studentships in Vision, Speech and Signal Processing. read more here.
Please visit the University vacancies page for current job opportunities.