Formed in 2011, the School of English and Languages brings together the academic disciplines of English literature, creative writing, modern languages, linguistics, intercultural communication and translation studies. As a School we are interested in texts and languages in a global context. Our focus is on understanding how texts and languages work across national boundaries, how they function, and how they interact. We are home to two internationally-renowned research centres, The Surrey Morphology Group and the Centre for Translation Studies. The School is also home to the recently established TRANS research centre. Other activities include the Global Graduate Award and English Language teaching and support.
Professor Diane Watt, Head of School of English and Languages
- PhD candidate pens comment piece ahead of new radio play
- English Language Tutor’s Publishing Success!
- Surrey Morphology Group present research at Russian HE and scientific institutions
- BOOKING NOW OPEN: Ethnolinguistic minorities in the UK and beyond: encouraging research led teaching
- International Morphology Meeting
English and Language events