Formed in 2011, the School of English and Languages brings together the academic disciplines of English literature, creative writing, modern languages, linguistics, intercultural communication and translation studies. As a School we are interested in texts and languages in a global context. Our focus is on understanding how texts and languages work across national boundaries, how they function, and how they interact. We are home to two internationally-renowned research centres, The Surrey Morphology Group and the Centre for Translation Studies. The School is also home to the recently established TRANS research centre. Other activities include the Global Graduate Award and English Language teaching and support.
Professor Diane Watt, Head of School of English and Languages
- Languages Routes into Christmas
- PM visit to China supported by the School of English and Languages
- The School of English and Languages Technician Andy Kelsey in the GB Para-Cycling Team
- German language students receive boost for studies
- SURREY IS PART OF SUCCESSFUL CONSORTIUM BID FOR AHRC DOCTORAL TRAINING PARTNERSHIP
English and Language events