PhD Studentship in the School of English and Languages open for 2012 entry
Monday 21 May 2012
The Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences (FAHS) is pleased to announce three fully funded 3-year postgraduate research studentships (fees and subsistence at Research Council rates) to start in October 2012 in the following areas:
- School of Arts: Dance, Music, Sound Recording, Theatre, Film, Digital Arts.
- School of English and Languages: Transnational Literary Studies (including Creative Writing) or Cultural Translation.
- School of Politics: European Politics, International Politics, Political Theory and Political Behaviour, Political Participation, Citizenship & Political Psychology, International Intervention.
Applicants must apply in two stages:
1. An application must be submitted for admission to the relevant PhD programme by 18 June 2012: www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduate
2. If you are offered a place, the deadline for submission of the Studentship application is 5 July 2012: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/fahs/study/studentships/index.htm
Some teaching and/or other research-related duties will be assigned as part of the Studentship. Full studentships are only available to UK students and other EU students who have been resident in the UK for 3 years on 30 September 2012.
Applicants will be informed by late July of the outcome of their applications
Please see the full advertisement: https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/index.html under Funded Postgraduate Opportunities for 2012 Entry (FAHS Central Faculty Admin).