How to Apply
How to Apply
- Please complete the application form. You can take one, or more than one course. Students can study up to a whole year as work is not repeated. You can book additional courses later, if available.
- Send the completed application form together with the documents required. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable once your application is accepted. If more than one course is booked a deposit is only required for the first course.
- The deposit should be made via our online store
- Once we have received your application and documents, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt. An acceptance letter will be sent by email.
- If the course is full we will contact you and return your deposit.
- If you require a visa to study in the UK, a CAS statement will be sent to you by email. Your CAS statement is needed for your visa application. Please check the details carefully as it is your responsibility to ensure they are correct. The CAS statement will be sent no earlier than 3 months before start of course.
- Your deposit or sponsorship letter from your government
- Evidence of your English ability – for example an IELTS Certificate or other recognized test certificate
- A copy of your passport
- Your University Registration Number (URN) or a copy of your degree course offer
- If you would like University accommodation, you need to pay your first course tuition fees in full before you are eligible for accommodation.
Or by bank transfer
Full fees are due at least 4 weeks before the start of the course. If full fees are not received, your place and accommodation cannot be guaranteed. The University's bank account details are:
Account name: University of Surrey
Account number: 58080716
Bank name: National Westminster Bank
Address: 151 High Street, Guildford, GU1 3AH, UK
Sort Code: 60-09-50
Bank branch: University of Surrey Campus Branch
Swift code: NWBKGB2L
Please quote your full name, URN and the name of the course you are applying for when paying by bank transfer
If you cancel after your application has been accepted the following policy applies.
- More than 4 weeks before start of course
Deposit retained, full refund of balance.
- Less than 4 weeks before start of course
3 weeks tuition retained, refund for remaining weeks of course.
- After start of course
Tuition fees are non refundable once the course has started.
Under exceptional circumstances a refund may be given if supported by acceptable documentary evidence.
- Our courses are designed for students preparing to study at University. We cannot accept beginners or near beginners.
- Students must be 18 years or over.
- Classes are not held on English national holidays
- All courses run subject to sufficient enrolment. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled, full refunds (including deposit) will be made.
Please return your completed application and documents to:
English Language Short Course Administrator
School of English and Languages
Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences
University of Surrey
T: +44(0) 1483 689911
If a professional organisation or Embassy is paying your fees as your sponsor:
1. Please complete the application form. You can take one, or more courses.
2. Send your application form AND an original, current letter from your sponsor guaranteeing payment of your English Language tuition fees.
3. When we receive your application form we will send you confirmation of your booking. Your invoice for tuition fees will be sent to your sponsor. If the course is full we will notify you.