Evening Language Classes
Do you want to brush up your language skills or learn another language from scratch?
Whether it is for your holidays, for professional reasons, or just because you are passionate about a country, we can help you!
Which classes do we offer?
Our classes take place on campus weekday evenings (once a week or twice a week for intensive courses) from 7pm to 8.30pm over 8 (for intensive and summer courses) or 16 weeks. We have new courses starting in October, January and April. Please click here to access our timetable. Our classes are open to all aged 17+ and there are no formal entry requirements. We offer a wide range of languages and levels:
|Classes for 2014-15||Chinese||English||French||German||Italian||Portuguese||Russian||Spanish|
|Upper Intermediate Spoken||Yes|
Why choose to study with us?
- Evening language classes are taught by language teachers from the School of English and Languages, which specialises in teaching languages to a broad spectrum of students and adult learners. Our tutors are experienced and are native or near-native speakers of the language they teach.
- Evening language students have access to the Library and its Language Study Area , where they can watch Live satellite foreign TV, DVDs, read foreign magazines and use interactive programmes to practice their language.
- Students are usually taught in small groups. The maximum number of students in our general classes is 20 and it is 16 in our spoken courses but groups are often smaller.
- Students who successfully complete their course (attend at least 2/3 of the classes and perform well in class and in homework assignments) receive a University of Surrey Certificate.
- Our courses are taught on campus, with easy access to the A3. Parking is available and free in the evenings.
Which level should I choose?
We are highly experienced in advising learners about levels. You can speak to one of our tutors on the telephone, or at one of the Open Evenings. These are opportunities for you to visit the School, share a glass of wine with the tutors and ask any questions you may have about the courses. The open evenings are free of charge. Please book online: store.surrey.ac.uk. Our open evenings are scheduled at 7pm on the following days:
- Monday 22nd September 2014
- Monday 12 January 2015
- Monday, 23 March 2015
How do I book?
Please book and pay online: store.surrey.ac.uk. We advise early enrolment, as some courses do fill up before the start date. In the unlikely event that a class has to be postponed or cancelled we will contact you.
- All levels (16 sessions): £250
- All levels – 8 week “Spoken” courses Summer only: £130
Payment should be made on enrolment before the start of courses. We regret that refunds cannot be given if you withdraw from a course. Classes will run subject to their viability.
- 01483 682857