About the IELTS Test
IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) is the most widely recognised English language qualification in the world and is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who want to study or work where English is the language of communication.
IELTS is jointly owned by British Council; IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment and conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment. It covers the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Why take IELTS?
- In the last year, 2,000,000 people took the IELTS test.
- IELTS is delivered in 900+ locations worldwide, and scores are accepted by over 8000 recognising organisations, including universities, immigration departments, government agencies, professional bodies and multinational companies.
- Test centres meet strict standards of quality, security and customer service.
- The IELTS test is developed by some of the world’s leading experts in language assessment.
Why take IELTS at the University of Surrey?
- All parts of the exam, including the speaking test are held on the same day.
- Within walking distance of Guildford Train Station.
- Our exam conditions are comfortable and welcoming.
- We offer the IELTS exam on two Saturdays per month throughout the year.
- Our audio visual equipment and wall-mounted speakers provide an excellent quality of sound for the listening test.
- Guildford is only 35 minutes away by train from central London.
- For car drivers, there is free parking on campus on Saturdays.