Faculty of Arts & Human Sciences
The Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences
The Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences is organised into a number of disciplinary areas including Sociology, Psychology, Politics, English, Languages and the Arts. These are the academic homes for teaching and research.
The Faculty offers a wide range of flexible programmes reflecting contemporary arts and human sciences at an undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research level as well as a range of short courses and CPD modules.
With a strong enterprise culture and an unrivalled record of graduate employment we are proud of the contributions we make to the wealth of society by developing the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Our academics are well respected, both nationally and internationally, throughout academia and industry where our links are strong. Working with business we offer solutions and expertise in a range of areas always encouraging growth and innovation.
Through consistent investment stemming from our deep commitment to develop world-class, sustainable research programmes, the Faculty has built up an impressive infrastructure to support all its activities. The interdisciplinary nature of much of our work encourages us to constantly explore new opportunities to cross boundaries, providing students with the prospect of accessing facilities which are truly world class.
Faculty Schools and Departments
- Politics lecturer and political psychology expert appears on BBC Newsnight
- New cii book: Precision Strike Warfare and International Intervention
- Surrey Sound Sphere takes IoSR to Beijing
- Huge IoSR Recording Session to Create Experiment Stimuli
- Dr Christopher Wiley presents at Conference
- Dr Jeremy Barham convenes successful Conference: Hollywood's Musical Contemporaries and Competitors in the Early Sound Film Era
- The Earliest Women's Writing?
- New neuroscience research tests wearable EEG
- Psychology successfully completes Athena Swan bid
- MSc in Occupational and Organisational Psychology to close