Professional Training Jobs
Professional Training in FEPS
Professional Training is an integral part of life at the University of Surrey and is a fantastic opportunity for all students in FEPS, allowing them to experience life after university. To find out more about Professional Training in each of the Departments of FEPS, follow the links below:
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
Using the Faculty database
The Professional Training Jobs Database provides details of all of the placement jobs currently on offer within the Faculty.
In the main jobs list:
- click on your choice of the subject checkboxes at the top of the list screen and then on the "Select subject areas" button to select just those jobs relevant to your subject discipline.
- click on a column header to sort the jobs using that column as the key.
- click on a job title to view the full job details. Jobs whose application deadline has passed will still be available for reference by clicking the "View archived jobs" button.
On the job details pages:
- click on the company name to view the company website.
- click on the job title to view the company's web-based job advertisement, if it is provided.
- click on the location to view a location map.
Generic job descriptions are available at www.prospects.ac.uk
(click on 'Jobs and work' and then 'Explore types of jobs' or 'Explore job sectors')
Net-Job.co.uk is a website, specialising in jobs related to the World-Wide Web, where you may post your CV. The special section for gap year / placement students is free for employers and others to access - so it's not clear until students start using it whether your contact details will be public.