The MiNMaT EngD is a four-year doctoral programme for researchers who aspire to key leadership positions in industry.
There are key benefits for the sponsor:
- A highly skilled and academically capable student is based with the sponsor for four years, where they will undertake a project or projects directly contributing to the sponsor’s commercial research priorities.
- A constant flow of the most cutting-edge ideas between the sponsor organisations and the world renowned academics at the University of Surrey.
- 20 days of world class characterisation instrumentation included in the annual contribution made by sponsors
- Funding from the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), with a relatively low contribution from you the sponsoring organisation. Costs are detailed in "Become a Sponsor".
- Analysis methodology for verification of joints in composite structures (MiNMaT)
- Graphene Metrology (MiNMaT)
- Investigation of novel inorganic materials for thin film printable electronics - MiNMaT
- Multi Scale MRI/X-ray CT characterisation and LB modelling study of wood drying - MiNMaT
- Silicon Carbide Fibre Process Development (2013) - MiNMaT
- The development of a high energy X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy system for materials analysis (MiNMaT)