The Institute for Communication Systems (formerly the Centre for Communication Systems Research, CCSR) holds a number of research facilities, which are detailed in the following sections:
• Our in house anechoic chamber and wideband channel sounder – both facilities are available for rent with accompanying personnel for carrying out measurements on short term projects.
• Future Internet Platform - provides access to the University’s ‘smart campus’ infrastructure as an innovative playground to both industry and academia partners.
• Software modelling tools – both at physical layer as well as at other network layers.
• Networks lab testbed – for purposes of emulating different computer network topologies.
• Satellite networking testbed – developed in partnership with Rohde and Schwarz.
• Wireless network testbed – for researching integration of different wireless network technologies.
• Wireless sensor network lab – which is continuously updating its sensor network test platforms.