ICS (formerly CCSR) has a wide number of collaborations with academia, industry and public sectors across the world. We have extensive expertise in communication standards for state of the art systems including W-CDMA, HSPA, LTE, LTE-A, WiFi, WiMAX, IEEE 802.xx family, DVB, DVB-S and ZigBee.
We are also actively working in web services adaptability, evolvability, flexibility, self-optimisation with stability and longevity as the general theme of adopted research towards achieving energy, spectral and cost efficiencies with secure and robust techniques.
You can find further information about our collaborations and also information about patents we hold.
Further information about ICS’s core areas of research can be found on our research area pages.
You can also find the personal profiles of our academic and research staff working in the following areas:
• Professor Rahim Tafazolli, Director, ICS, Wireless Communications and Networking
• Professor Barry Evans, Satellite Communications and Networking
• Professor Klaus Moessner, Cognitive Networks and Services
• Professor Zhili Sun, Communication Networking and Internet
• Dr Tim Brown, Radio, Antennas and Propagation
• Dr Haitham Cruickshank, Network Security and Architectures
• Dr Mehrdad Dianati, Radio Resource Management and MAC
• Dr Muhammad Ali Imran, Energy Efficiency and Self-Organising Wireless Systems
• Dr Ning Wang, Content Delivery Networks and Management
• Dr Pei Xiao, Signal Processing for Wireless Communications
• Dr Francois Carrez, Semantic (Web), Internet of Things, Activity Theory and Social and Behavioural Sciences
• Dr Atta Quddus, Wireless Air Interface
• Dr Yi Ma, Communication Signal Processing and Cognitive Radio
• Dr Seiamak Vahid, Mobile and Adhoc Networking
• Dr Payam Barnaghi, Internet of Things, Machine Learning, Intelligent Systems, Semantic Web, Pervasive Computing
Our mission is to pursue relevant research with impacts whilst pushing the limits.
Professor Rahim Tafazolli, ICS Director