Making your paper compliant: author checklist
- On submission
Consider the journal’s open access options.
Compliant option Gold available No Gold Green available Consider which option is best for this paper. ✔ No Green Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you qualify for funds to cover the APCs for this option?
If not ⇨
If the journal is the best publication venue for this paper, you may consider submitting it to the REF under an exception
12 months for Panels A and B, 24 months for Panels C and D
● BBSRC, EPSRC, MRC, NERC, STFC = 6 months
● AHRC, ESRC = 12 months
Wellcome Trust, Department of Health/NIHR, Cancer Research UK
EC (Horizon 2020)
Acknowledge your funder.
RCUK provide guidance and standard wording for funder acknowledgements.
- On Acceptance
Choose an OA option
● Refer to the table above to make a choice.
● Whether you choose Green or Gold, keep a copy of the copyright transfer agreement or licence under which the paper will be published.
● What other conditions apply to making the paper open access? For example, does the publisher require a specific copyright notice to be posted with the paper?
Deposit the paper
As of 1st April 2016 you will no longer be required to login to Symplectic. For more information on these changes to depositing your research please see RES webpages.
We will be updating our guidelines shortly.
- On publication
● No further action is required from you.
● The paper will automatically be made available on the date the embargo expires .