Do you think that your next step is applying for a fellowship?
In this session we will discuss your idea in the context of a fellowship application. You will work towards an action plan for searching for the right fellowship scheme and consider viable options for your next step.
We will discuss the technicalities of applying for a fellowship; including criteria, form filling, time lines, pFact and J-ES including creating a plan to start collating your supporting documents and other preparatory actions.
We will use some of the time to work on project summaries and impact pathways and finally discuss the next steps and the process after application submission.
Aims of this session:
• Exploring what makes a good idea for a fellowship application
• Identifying people who can help you (mentoring)
• Identify ways to search for fellowship opportunities
• Broaden search strategies including awareness of trends and upcoming research themes
• Identify sections of application for completion
• Quick introduction to pFact and JeS and where to get more help
• Identify preparatory actions e.g. update CV and obtaining letters of support
• Prepare pathways to impact statements
• Understand what makes a good lay person summary and the importance of this section of an application
• Identify the next steps
• Identify strategies and techniques for replying to reviewers’ comments
• How to prepare for an interview and presentation