Are you thinking about preparing a bid for research funding in the near to medium-term future but are not really sure where to start? This course aims to give you an insight into the funding streams available for researchers. We will also examine the process that funding applications go through as well as hints, tips and advice on how to prepare a successful application.
Lunch will be provided.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
• Gained an insight into sources of research funding
• Developed an awareness of the submission, review and evaluation process for funding applications
• Introduction to the resources available at the University of Surrey
• Discussed a realistic time plan for submitting a proposal
• Considered what makes a successful application