Making your paper compliant: author checklist
- On Submission
Consider the journal’s open access options.
Compliant option Gold available No Gold Green available and within allowed embargoes. Consider which option is best for this paper. Send your paper email@example.com on acceptance. Green option not available or within allowed embargoes. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you qualify for funds to cover the APCs for this option?
If not ⇨
If the journal is the best publication venue for this paper, you may consider submitting it to the REF under an exception
12 months for Panels A and B, 24 months for Panels C and D
● BBSRC, EPSRC, MRC, NERC, STFC = 6 months
● AHRC, ESRC = 12 months
Wellcome Trust, Department of Health/NIHR, Cancer Research UK
EC (Horizon 2020)
Acknowledge your funder.
RCUK provide guidance and standard wording for funder acknowledgements.
- On Acceptance
Choose an OA option
● Refer to the table above to make a choice.
● Whether you choose Green or Gold, keep a copy of the copyright transfer agreement or licence under which the paper will be published.
● What other conditions apply to making the paper open access? For example, does the publisher require a specific copyright notice to be posted with the paper?
Send us your paper
Please send your accepted paper and acceptance e-mail to email@example.com.
- On Publication
● Please e-mail us to let us know that your paper has been published, preferably with a DOI/link to the online version.
● Your own version will automatically be made available on the repository on the date the embargo expires.