- consists nowadays of 13 digits.
- is a persistent identifier only for only books, monographs or conference proceedings.
- does not offer copyright protection
- allows different product forms and editions of a book, whether printed or digital, to be clearly identifiable.
- facilitates compilation and updating of book-trade directories and bibliographic databases, such as repositories.
Do you know that Surrey can issue an ISBN?
The University of Surrey holds a licence to register ISBNs. Just email us all the details of your book or conference proceedings and we will allocate an ISBN.