Surrey Research Insight
One place to manage and showcase your publications
- enabling researchers to develop up-to-date publications lists, and
- enabling researchers to make full text of their papers freely available online
Making research publications available on an open-access basis increases their visibility and impact.
As an author you only use one system to keep a publications list and deposit full text. There is a simple three-step process:
1. Log-in with your University username and password..
2. Update your publications list. The publications database is automatically populated with papers from a range of sources (including Web of Science, Scopus and arXiv). You may also add items manually.
3. Attach full text for every approved publication. Remember to upload your author version (not the published PDF). This will increase the chances that your paper will be posted on the web.
The SRI Team then checks any issues relating to copyright and publisher's permission, before making your publication visible to all, for free.
You can find much more about the deposit process and other open access issues in our Guides and FAQ section.
Information on the open-access permission status of key journals can be found in our Target Journals List section.
The latest SRI Newsletter (Winter 2011-12) can be found here: SRI Newsletter Winter 2011
Research Entreprise Support has created the website REF2014 to keep you, Surrey author, informed of the overall Research Excellence Framework 2014 (REF) timetable and the related University processes. Should you have any query regarding REF 2014, please email the REF team.