Can I get an Interlibrary Loan?
Yes, if you need a book, journal article or other material that is not available in this Library. This costs the Library £15.40 for a book and £11.46 for a document so please only ask for items which are essential to your research or study.
Users may have up to eight requests in progress at one time and may request an item once only. If you need to consult a title on multiple occasions it may be appropriate for us to purchase a copy for the library. Please contact email@example.com in this case
What do I need to do?
To request an ILL via SurreySearch:SurreySearch ILL Requests (241.45KB - Requires Adobe Reader)
How will my InterLibrary Loan be delivered?
Inter-Library loan journal articles and book chapters are now delivered via the British Library’s DRM Lite system. In order to access DRM Lite files you will need to complete a one off registration with the British Library’s On Demand Service here
Please read on for more details.
How can I register with the “British Library On Demand”?
Click the British Library on Demand link to start your registration,
Click Register button in the Don't have a British Library Online Account yet? section.
- Choose a username that is not an email address (despite the label on the form). Usernames containing the ‘@’ symbol can cause documents to fail to open. Please avoid creating usernames containing the ‘@’ symbol. Choose a password.
- The British Library will send you an email to activate your account. Follow the instructions in the email. It is important that you wait for this message, and activate your account. You will not be able to use your account until you do this.
- Log in to your account when prompted, add additional information, including your University of Surrey email address ending @surrey.ac.uk
- Agree with terms and conditions and finish your registration.
- You will receive a message from the British Library confirming your registration. The email will ask you “If you work or study at an organisation who has an existing Business Account with On Demand…” Your online account is set up, and you do not need to forward this message to us.
How will I receive the document?
- The British Library will send you an email - the sender will appear as firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject header will contain “British Library Order” followed by your order/request number and a dispatch date. The email will include a link to your document and instructions for how to download it.
- The link to your document will be active only for 30 days from dispatch, after which it will be deleted
- The document may only be printed once and it is recommended that you print immediately
- Once downloaded and saved, you can view the document for up to 3 years
- You can keep copies of your document on multiple devices, including tablets, smartphones and memory sticks
- You will need to be connected to the Internet to read your documents.
Further instructions and guidelines can also be found here:DRM Lite instructions (164.68KB - Requires Adobe Reader)
Items for loan
- You will be notified by e-mail when the item arrives. All items must be collected in person from the Support Hub, please show your campus card.
Most items can be taken out of the library, but it is completely at the discretion of the lending library.
- A standard loan is for 5 weeks, although this may vary.
- If you wish to renew, please contact the InterLibrary Loans Team and they will check with the lending library if this is possible. Any permitted Inter Library Loan renewals are charged at £5.10 each. Lending libraries reserve the right to recall the item at any time.
Please take care of your Interlibrary Loans. If you do not return an item by the due date you will be fined the £5.10 renewal charge. If an item is not returned or lost, you will be invoiced for the cost of a replacement. The British Library’s minimum replacement charge is £191.95.
How long will it take?
Most items come within a week of being ordered, but items will take longer if:
- There is a waiting list
- The item is not held by the British Library and we have to apply elsewhere
- We cannot trace the item from your reference and you will be asked to check your source again
How can I get help?
Email email@example.com where InterLibrary Loan staff are here to help you during office hours.