Services for distance learners, part-time and placement students
In addition to the library services available to students who visit the campus in person,
Distance Learners Information Service support (DiLIS) is available to:
• students registered on one of the DiLIS Supported Courses listed on this page
• part-time doctoral research students
• help may be available for Health and Social Care students currently on placement
Address: University Library
George Edwards Building
University of Surrey
Advice – on all our library and information services.
Support - from SPLASH
Learning Advisors and Librarians can offer support via email. We also offer Skype appointments by arrangement.
You will find a lot of useful online information on our subject pages.
Books – held by the Library can be posted to UK and EU addresses. You only pay the return postage charge.How to request a book (460.78KB - Requires Adobe Reader)
Electronic Resources - can be accessed via the Institutional login requires your user name and password used to access your email and your library account.
Visit your subject page for journals and databases which are relevant for your subject.
Document Delivery Request service – for items we stock which are not available electronically, we will scan and email, or photocopy journal articles and parts of other published works (postage for paper copies is free).
How to request a document
Inter-library loans – Inter-library loans are items you can request from other libraries.
• books must be collected in person from us
• request electronically delivered articles
To place a ‘Resource sharing request’ for an Inter-library loan, please see our online tutorial.
SCONUL Access – The SCONUL Access scheme offers access to other academic libraries across the UK.
Please contact us if you have queries or suggestions. We welcome your feedback in order to improve and develop the service.
Visiting the University Library
- If you visit the Library please check our opening hours first, particularly if you are making a lengthy journey
- If you have been issued with a campus card, please bring it with you to access the Library and to borrow books
- If you do not already have a campus card, please bring your confirmation of registration letter issued by the University (or other proof of registration). We can produce a campus card for you at the Ask Me desk on Level 1 during staffed opening hours