Mr Andrea Fontanella
Qualifications: MSc (Hons.) in Theoretical Physics
Phone: Work: 01483 68 9360
Room no: 17 AA 04
Monday to Friday, 10.00 - 18.00
- 2014-present PhD in String Theory at the University of Surrey. Research project in “Geometry of supersymmetric solutions”, supervisor Dr. Jan Gutowski.
- 2012-2014 MSc (first class honors) in Theoretical Physics at the Università degli Studi di Padova, with one year ERASMUS at Imperial College London. Thesis in “Generalised Geometry in Supergravity Theories”, supervisor Prof. Daniel Waldram (find it here).
- 2009-2012 BSc (first class honors) at the Università degli Studi di Padova. Thesis in “Electrodynamics of extended charged objects”, supervisor Prof. Kurt Lechner.
- 2006-2012 Diploma of Music at the Conservatory of Vicenza. Specialization in the Trumpet.
My research focusses on geometrical structures which arise studying supersymmetric solutions of gravity theories. In particular I am investigating near-horizon geometries in supergravity theories.
I am also interested in which role Generalised Geometry plays in supergravity.
- A. Fontanella and J. B. Gutowski, ``Moduli Spaces of Transverse Deformations of Near-Horizon Geometries," arXiv:1610.09949 [hep-th], (submitted to Journal of Physics A).
- A. Fontanella and A. Torrielli, ``Massless sector of AdS3 superstrings: A geometric interpretation," Phys. Rev. D 94 (2016) no.6, 066008 [arXiv:1608.01631 [hep-th]].
- A. Fontanella, J. B. Gutowski and G. Papadopoulos, ``Anomaly Corrected Heterotic Horizons," JHEP 1610 (2016) 121 [arXiv:1605.05635 [hep-th]].
- A. Fontanella, Supersymmetric Near-Horizon Geometries, 7th South East Mathematical Physics Seminar (SEMPS), University of Kent, UK.
- A. Fontanella, Anomaly Corrected Heterotic Horizons, V Postgraduate Meeting on Theoretical Physics, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain.
- A. Fontanella, String-Corrected Horizons, Collabor8 Meeting, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- A. Fontanella, Black Hole Horizons, IV Postgraduate Meeting on Theoretical Physics, IFT, Madrid, Spain.
- A. Fontanella, Generalised geometry in supergravity theories, LMS 150th Anniversary PhD student meeting, London, UK. Student prize winner.
- A. Fontanella, Following Einstein's Dream: String Theory, Physics Research forum, University of Surrey, UK.