Dr Jock McOrist
Phone: Work: 01483 68 2269
Room no: 05 AA 04
In general I am interested in quantum field theories and string theories. More specifically:
- String compactifications, especially heterotic vacua and flux vacua
- Solutions of low-energy supergravity
- Conformal field theories (especially those in 2d)
- Dualities in string and field theory
- Mirror symmetry and moduli spaces
For more details, see my personal webpage http://personal.maths.surrey.ac.uk/st/jm0038/.
I teach the following modules:
- Semester 2, 2013-2014. MAT1036 Classical Dynamics
- Semester 2, 2012-2013. MAT1036 Classical Dynamics
I am currently the department's schools liaison officer.