MBA fees and funding
Undertaking an MBA is a substantial investment of your time and your finances. We aim to ensure that the return on your investment is considerable.
Full time MBA: £19,295
A third to be paid when you confirm your place, followed by two further payments spread throughout the year.
Executive MBA: £21,500
A third to be paid when you confirm your place, followed by two further payments spread throughout the two years of the course. Executive MBA fees include accommodation costs for all residential weekends.
- Your core text books
- Lifelong membership of the Association of MBAs with access to their international networking opportunities and continuing professional development programmes
- A place at the Surrey MBA Summer School - a week long intensive programme for MBA students and alumni
- Membership of the University of Surrey library and learning centre and access to all campus facilities whether you are studying the full time or Executive programme
- Discounted membership of Surrey Sports Park
Full-time students will need to budget for accommodation and food, travel and other day to day expenses. A range of good quality and reasonably priced accommodation is available on and near the university campus.
Accommodation for weekend residential sessions is included in the Executive MBA fees.
Overseas study tours are available to Surrey MBA students. There is no tuition or arrangement fee for these but students will be expected to pay their own travel and accommodation.
We want to make sure that everyone who is eligible for the Surrey MBA has the opportunity to study with us. A number of bursaries of between £3,000 and £5,000 are available for both the full-time and Executive MBA courses. To apply for a bursary you will need to:
- Meet our entry standards and submit an application for either the full-time or Executive programme
- Submit, along with your application, a 500 word statement explaining:
- Your motivation to undertake the MBA; and
- How the Surrey MBA will help you achieve your career aspirations
- How you could use your experience to enhance the learning opportunities for your fellow students.
If awarded a bursary you will need to accept our offer within six weeks of receiving it and pay the first instalment of your fees by August 2013. If you think you might not be able to meet this deadline, please let us know as early as possible and we’ll see if an extension can be arranged.
London Duck Tours Entrepreneurial Scholarship
John Bigos, MD of one of the capital’s most popular tourist attractions, London Duck Tours, gained his MBA from Surrey Business School and is now offering the £5,000 London Duck Tours Entrepreneurial Scholarship.
To apply for the London Duck Tours Entrepreneurial Scholarship, you need to meet our entry standards and submit an MBA application form. Also include a 500-word statement detailing your preliminary business idea/or innovation, its USP and indicate how you believe an MBA will enhance its progression. Deadline for entries is July 1.
Surrey Advertiser Scholarship Competition
We will be running a competition, in partnership with the Surrey Advertiser, for one full scholarship and two 50% scholarships for the Surrey Executive (part-time) MBA. We expect this will be announced in the newspaper during May along with full details of how to enter.
The competition is open to candidates who:
- Meet the entry standard for the Surrey Executive MBA
- Submit an application for the Surrey Executive MBA
- Submit, along with their application, a 1000 word essay that details:
- What they hope to get from the MBA personally,
- What it will do for the business they work for or are planning to establish, and
- What they feel they can contribute to enhance the learning experience for their fellow students.
Applications will be accepted up to Monday 1 July 2013. Shortlisted candidates may be expected to take part in an interview with the MBA Director.
Unsuccessful candidates that meet the criteria may be offered a place, without scholarship, on the Surrey Executive MBA and are eligible for fees bursaries.
Please note that demand for places on the Surrey MBA and Executive MBA has grown again this year. If you have been offered a place we would recommend you accept it as soon as possible.
Scholarship applicants can also be considered for a fees bursary. If you would like to be considered for both please let us know in your supporting statement.
External sources of support
If you own your own home and live in the UK you may be eligible for a UK Government-sponsored Career Development Loan. Students intending to study in the UK and to use the results of their study for work in the UK or elsewhere in the EU are also eligible.
HSBC Postgraduate Banking and Professional Loans offer special loan rates and deals for students to finance their MBA programme. Other banks have similar schemes.
British Council Chevening Scholarships are administered by the British Council and are currently available in more than 100 countries around the world.
American MBA applicants with a minimum 3.5 GPA may be eligible for the Fulbright Award.
“I chose the Surrey MBA because of its convenient location, value for money, accreditation and on the recommendation of a friend.”
Simon Furmidge, Surrey MBA Alumnus