The Surrey MBA - Double Accreditation
The Surrey MBA is one of only a handful of programmes in the UK to have achieved double accreditation from the AACSB and the AMBA.
Accreditation by the The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is widely recognised as the global standard for MBA programmes. The association has acted as an advocate for MBA programmes around the world since 1967 and assesses business schools and their post-experience management programmes against rigorous criteria.
AMBA assesses business schools in relation to the following criteria:
- The institution shall have a clear sense of mission, a well-identified target population and a developed sense of the market for its programmes
- The faculty should be of a requisite size and appropriately positioned to fully resource the activities of the school; it should be credible in terms of academic qualifications, ability to teach at postgraduate level, quality of research, and the extent of business contacts and consultancy activities
- Evidence is required to illustrate rigour in standards for admission, which must include work experience as well as academic criteria
- The curriculum should be generalist in nature and must cover core business skills
- All elements of the course shall be formally assessed
- In addition, factors such as the availability of language teaching, library and computer facilities and international contacts
We provide all Surrey MBA students with membership of AMBA. Membership of AMBA will give you access to a suite of careers, networking and knowledge services that go beyond what any one individual business school can provide.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is an international body which assesses business schools on the quality of their programmes and operational management. This represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
Institutions that earn this award confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through rigorous and comprehensive peer review.
AACSB international accreditation assures students and stakeholders that business schools:
- Manage resources to achieve a vibrant and relevant programme of studies
- Advance business and management knowledge through faculty scholarship
- Provide high-calibre teaching
- Cultivate meaningful interaction between students and well-qualified staff
- Produce graduates who have achieved specified learning goals
“I wanted an MBA that was recognised globally and the double accreditation can open doors for me.”
Arooj Muhammad Aslam, Surrey MBA Alumnus