Your intellectual edge
All postgraduate programmes should help you increase your knowledge of your subject, but you should demand more. At Surrey, developing your knowledge is just the beginning. We challenge you to go further, to improve your intellectual approach and sharpen your problem-solving capability. That’s because intellectual ability is about more than just knowledge.
Today's Minds shaping tomorrow
Intellectual ability is about critical appraisal of current understanding, including your own. It is about analysing problems, and being inventive enough to think differently about solving them. It is about creating innovative solutions by connecting your thinking and ideas with those of your predecessors and contemporaries.
- Nearly 90 per cent of our subject areas were rated either ‘world class’ or ‘internationally recognised’ during the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
- An enviable record in securing research grants and project funding from globally prestigious bodies, research councils and household names from business and industry.
- A multidisciplinary approach that connects expertise and ideas across different areas to address today’s grand challenges.
- An emphasis on helping you to improve your skills in research, critical analysis, evaluation and proposition.
- Programmes that are continually updated to reflect changes in knowledge, industry requirements and real-world practice, keeping our teaching and research fresh and forward-facing.