Your international edge
Because we operate on an international stage, our postgraduate students acquire a built-in global outlook. We firmly believe that international understanding is an important attribute for future success in any work environment. We encourage intercultural awareness and have an evolving programme of research that is responsive to the needs of a global society.
Today's Minds shaping tomorrow
As one of the most professionally focused and relevant universities in the UK, we are part of the competitive international economy. Surrey academics are renowned for their ability to apply their knowledge, skills and experience to global challenges.
Through our superb network of links and contacts, you will have a foot in the door with the cream of international companies and organisations. Surrey postgraduates have gone on to senior roles all over the world.
- Surrey sits at the heart of an international network of partnerships and alliances. We work with international industry, overseas academic institutions, governments and organisations such as the United Nations.
- We have developed a Global Partnership Network with world-leading universities in the USA, China, South Korea and Brazil – with more to follow – and we lead the South East/India Partnership Network of six universities.
- Our academic staff are pre-eminent in their fields, in some cases chairing important committees and helping shape the future global direction of research in their subjects.
- Our focus on global challenges means that the ideas and knowledge generated at Surrey are already in widespread use throughout the world.
- Over 145 countries are represented at Surrey, combined with our remarkably high proportion of research students