Should you choose to study Psychology at Surrey, you will be provided with a combination of opportunities that would be hard to match elsewhere. We offer you a degree that provides a thorough grounding in the theories, methods and practice of contemporary psychology.
The School of Psychology at the University of Surrey is one of the largest, most active and forward-looking postgraduate training departments in the country. We like to think that it is one of the friendliest too, where every student is treated as an individual.
Clinical Psychology integrates three elements: a comprehensive review of the major academic areas of clinical psychology; the development of theoretical and research skills as applied to the development and evaluation of all aspects of clinical practice; and high quality training in clinical skills.
Psychotherapeutic and Counselling Psychology is an innovative branch of applied professional psychology concerned with the integration of psychological theory and knowledge with the process of psychological therapy.
The basis of good postgraduate courses is the research activity of staff, the incorporation of current research programmes in teaching material and a reciprocal relationship between theory development and applied research in everyday contemporary issues. We believe in involving all postgraduate students in the research life of the School through an active involvement in one of the research groups, by attendance at research seminars and, where possible, an attachment to ongoing research projects.
The School’s alumni are engaged in a range of professions across the world. Almost 5,000 have registered with Forever Surrey, the University’s graduate network.
85% of the School’s graduates live in the UK and the remaining 15% live in 73 other countries.
The five most common professions among the School’s alumni are:
1) Clinical Psychologist
5) Assistant Psychologist