We hold accreditation from the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The School was the first institution in the UK to receive UNWTO TedQual certification for both its undergraduate and postgraduate tourism programmes.
The UNWTO TedQual certification system contributes to the quality and efficiency of tourism education training and research. It proposes a methodology and voluntary standards with universal scope to more clearly define the quality of tourism education systems. The UNWTO TedQual certification system is a quality assurance system for tourism education, training and research. The specific aims of the UNWTO TedQual certification system are:
- Establish a quality standard for tourism education and training systems.
- Smooth the way towards greater pedagogic productivity in tourism.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is an international body which assesses business schools on the quality of their programmes and operational management. AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide.
Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review.
AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management education. AACSB International accreditation assures stakeholders that business schools:
- Manage resources to achieve a vibrant and relevant mission.
- Advance business and management knowledge through faculty scholarship.
- Provide high-calibre teaching of quality and current curricula.
- Cultivate meaningful interaction between students and a qualified faculty.
- Produce graduates who have achieved specified learning goals.
An AACSB accredited business school gives an assurance that it is amongst the best in the world.