Hospitality and Food
The Hospitality and Food Management Group’s reputation for teaching excellence attracts students from around the globe. With staff also gathered from around the world to teach you, your experience of hospitality will be truly international, ensuring that when you graduate you will already have a well-developed global network of contacts.
You will train in our contemporary Lakeside restaurant and have access to speakers from across the industry, keeping you up-to-date on the latest developments. Students in Hospitality are supported by the Savoy Educational Trust, which enables us to award undergraduate and postgraduate bursaries and prizes annually worth around £15,000.
Information about our undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral study programmes.
Find out more about the group's activities in our School news archive and events calendar.
Our aims and guiding principles, key research areas, publications and research projects.
Our team of dedicated academics, associates and PhD students - recognised for their excellence and contribution to hospitality and food.
Providing a critical training environment for our International Hospitality Management students, Lakeside makes the ideal location for lunch.
Ten reasons to study Hospitality and Food at Surrey
1. Consistently one of the best graduate employment records in the UK - over 98% employed within six months of graduating
2. Excellent links with industry yielding frequent industry hospitality visiting speakers
3. Very highly regarded professional placement year for undergraduates in UK and overseas eg USA, Netherlands, Hong Kong and New Zealand
4. Extensive student exchange programme with schools in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore
5. Scholarships from Savoy Educational Trust worth £25,000 awarded every year
6. Well established Food and Wine Society that arranges tastings and site visits
8. An extensive network of alumni working in the industry all over the world
9. Internationally recognised academic staff, with teaching, scholarship and research awards from organisations such as International CHRIE, EuroCHRIE and CHME
10. Uniquely accredited by AACSB, AMBA and the UNWTO, as well as the Institute of Hospitality