Tourism and Events
A world leader in tourism education and research!
Over the last 40 years, Surrey has established a leading international reputation in tourism education and research. This is demonstrated by our publications and networks, our high rates of employment for graduates and the significant contribution we make to good practice in the tourism industry.
All major league tables and university guides for 2011 (The Guardian, The Times and The Complete University Guide) confirm Surrey’s No 1 position for tourism. Our world leading position is mirrored in our tourism programmes, which all hold the United Nations World Tourism Organization TedQual certification.
Information about our undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral study programmes.
Our aims and guiding principles, key research areas, publications and research projects.
Our team of dedicated academics, associates and PhD students - recognised for their excellence and contribution to tourism.
Ten reasons to study Tourism and Events at Surrey
1. No.1 in the UK, No.1 in Europe and 5th in the world for tourism
2. Excellent employment prospects - 98 percent of graduates employed within six months
3. Professional Training with leading UK and overseas companies and study abroad options
4. Overseas Field trips on all programmes
5. Dynamic industry and alumni networks
6. Leading global reputation based on over 40 years of excellence in research and education
7. The only business school to hold triple accreditation from the UN World Tourism Organization, AMBA and AACSB
8. World class academics producing key research
9. Top rated for tourism research in the UK
10. Comprehensive library resources including repository for UNWTO publications