CRAG welcomes active collaboration with academic, voluntary and private sector organisations interested in ageing, as well as enquiries about undertaking research and consultancy. CRAG has established good working relationships with a number of organisations in the area of ageing, including:
- Ageing in Europe Research Network of the European Sociological
- Anchor Trust
- The British Society of Gerontology (BSG)
- HelpAge International
- Life Academy (formerly Pre-Retirement Association)
- The National Institute for Social Work
- The Older Women's Network (OWN)
- The Older Feminist Network (OFN)
Members of CRAG have international links with scholars in Europe, North America, Australia and south-east Asia, and are frequently asked to speak at international conferences.
Sara Arber has been President of the International Sociological Association Research Committee on Sociology of Ageing. Kate Davidson is a past President of the British Society of Gerontology (BSG), Sue Venn is Honorary Secretary of the British Society of Gerontology.