Surrey’s connections around the world are a key part of our identity and underpin our achievements.
- we are one of the most culturally diverse universities in the UK, welcoming students and staff from all around the world
- we have established innovative strategic partnerships with universities in key regions around the world
- we are constantly developing our international research collaborations with real global impact
The International Student Office supports over 3,000 international students from around 140 countries through every step of their Surrey career, from application to graduation.
- We were recently voted the most welcoming university in the UK in a survey run by i-graduate
- We provide free airport pick-up from Heathrow and Gatwick for all incoming overseas students
- We have an International Orientation Programme that will ensure you adapt to life on campus easily and smoothly
- We offer free in-session English language support throughout your degree
The University Global Partnership Network
Our International Relations Office works to develop strategic relations with universities around the world. We are a founding partner, with North Carolina State University and Latin America’s leading institution the Universidade de São Paulo, of the University Global Partnership Network. Creating a foundation for international collaboration between some of the world's top universities, the UGPN brings leading academics together to work on issues of global significance, creating collaboration opportunities in research and student mobility at all levels.
Surrey is developing a strong presence in China, where our Surrey International Institute at Dongbei University of Finance and Economics now boasts a population of over 1,000 students in management and computing programmes.
We are working with international partners to tackle the global challenges that face mankind , searching for new solutions, exploring opportunities for joint research with government, industry and charitable organisations, and consistently producing world-class research. Our international research spans many disciplines and provides rich teaching and learning opportunities for our staff and students. Most recently, our work around the world on safe water and sanitation, won the Queen’s Anniversary Prize, the most prestigious honour open to a UK university.