The University of Surrey is a research-led institution pursuing learning, scholarship and research, and advancing and disseminating knowledge.
The University is committed to working closely with its students, business, government and civil society to transition knowledge to the benefit of humanity.
The University of Surrey is committed to being a leading national and international university.
Our high-quality teaching, learning, research and enterprise, will be delivered in a financially and environmentally sustainable manner, within an academic community that values collegiality and professionalism, providing our students with skills that allow them to maximise their potential.
Our strategic goals
At Surrey, our strategy has a number of aims:
Research and enterprise
- Continue to improve research quality
- Increase knowledge transfer and economic impact
- Enhance the quality of the student experience and maintain our top employability record
- Ensure able students from any background are able to access the University and do not face any barriers to progression
- International competitiveness
- Increase our international impact
- Recruit, retain and develop excellent staff
- Generate 5 per cent net surplus for reinvestment in core student and research activities
- Achieve strategic growth
- Deliver effective Information Technology solutions to support the running of the University
- Ensure that strategic decision making is informed by the use of internal and external evidence
- Encourage positive relationships with stakeholders to support our interests and reputation
- Sustain and develop the University estate
- Address the social and environmental consequences of our activities
University Strategy document
Explore our full University Strategy 2012-17 (PDF).