Learn what to do if you have a maintenance issue in your accommodation.

Report a fault

To report a maintenance issue, visit the Estates and Facilities Management helpdesk site.

  • Out-of-hours emergencies (maintenance or security matters) should be notified to our security staff on extension 2002 (01483 682002) 
  • For emergencies requiring the police, fire or ambulance service please call extension 3333 (01483 683333) instead of 999 – security staff will call the appropriate emergency service(s) and assist them in finding the area quickly

University-managed house maintenance

In an emergency

During office hours, please contact Accommodation Services on 01483 682466, or Security on 01483 682002 at all other times.

Non-emergency repairs  

If you are in University off-campus accommodation please use the Fault Reporting link.

For all non-emergency repairs for property-managed houses only please send an email to:

Please remember to include the address of your house, your name and student number, and a contact phone number.