We develop fundamental science through to advanced technologies and nurture next-generation leaders through a versatile and collaborative approach within critical mass teams to generating wealth and wellbeing translating research excellence to positive contributions to society.
ATI's research is addressing the following current grand challenges:
- Can we control materials processes at the level of electrons and what comes next?
- Can we design and perfect atom- and energy-efficient synthesis of revolutionary new forms of matter with tailored properties?
- Can we master energy and information on the nanoscale to create new technologies with capabilities rivalling living things?
- How do we characterise and control matter away - especially very far away - from equilibrium?
- Spans fundamental through to applied
- Is selective with critical mass teams
- Is addressing the grand challenges to make a difference
- Has high international visibility of leading research
- Is supported by significant interactions with Industry including NPL.