Forming responsive thinkers, embracing fast-paced change. Our executive education works in collaboration with you to deliver tailored education that will inform effective organisational change.
The corporate challenge
Enterprises are facing new and ever-evolving challenges. From digital and physical technology, globalisation, shifting economics and social factors, businesses are finding themselves under significant demands to transform and adapt.
How we can help you
- We create bespoke executive programmes to make sure managers are ready to deliver products and services in an advancing digital age
- We equip leaders with the ability to embrace this advancing environment and execute responses that are both appropriate and timely
- Our courses provide an opportunity for collaborative discovery that blends research, education, problem-solving and brokering, directly focused on specific organisational challenges.
An introduction to data analytics and business analytics
3 – 5 June 2019
Surrey Business School's Department of Business Transformation is hosting a three-day education programme this June to provide a comprehensive introduction to Data Analytics and Business Analytics. Taught by leading academics and professionals with international reputations including Dr Wolfgang Garn, Dr Nick Ryman-Tubb, Dr Vikas Grover and Dr Masoud Fakhimi.
For more information on the programme contact Mark Simmons, Executive Education Coordinator.
- Databases – structured query language
- Big data – unstructured data
- Machine learning, statistical learning
- Artificial intelligence, computational intelligence
- Linear and integer programming
- Network models – transportation, minimum cost flow
- Decision sciences – decision trees, game theory
- Simulation – DES, queueing and inventory systems
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to extract and analyse data for prediction and decision making
- Solve optimisation problems for economics and the supply chain
- Understand how to implement data-driven decisions and tools for business opportunities
- Use database and software such as R for machine learning, Simul8 or Simio for discrete event simulations, Excel for economical optimisations and the SQL server for data aggregation queries.
The following rates are for the entire course.
- Commercial - individual - £800
- Commercial - group of five - £3200
- University of Surrey Staff - £300
- University of Surrey Students - £200
- University of Surrey Alumni - £500
You can book your place on this course through the online store.
"All of it was useful. It has given an overall ‘feel’ for digital business improvements and has helped my confidence in that area."Surrey County Council Employee