You can make use of the wide range of support and services at any stage during your studies and for up to three years after graduation. We encourage you to start thinking about getting work-ready from day one.
Improving your employability
Discover the career that is right for you, develop the transferable skills you need to succeed and engage in work experience and professional training.
We want to give you the confidence and drive to pursue an ambitious career. We offer a wide range of employer-led skills workshops and careers fairs, here is some of the know-how we share:
- Interview technique
- Video interviews
- Assessment centre workshops
- Networking practice
- CV writing
- Maximising your LinkedIn profile to find graduate roles.
Find out more about graduate career support.
Recent Surrey Business School graduates have gone on to work for a range of companies, including:
- Abbey Road Studios
- Apple Inc.
- AXA Insurance
- Barclays Bank
- Compass Group
- Ernst and Young
- Gala Coral
- Hewlett Packard
- Intercontinental Hotels
- JP Morgan
- Marks & Spencer
- SEB Sweden
MBA careers counselling and support
Students on our MBA Business Administration course have access to professional coaching and careers expert to provide you with support that is tailored to your individual requirements.
From the moment you start with us, you will be connected with a careers advisor who will provide direction in a number of areas:
- Professional positioning training, including advice on the MBA job market, developing a positioning strategy, CV building and online networking
- Professional positioning in person including interview preparation, group dynamics and assessment, pitching yourself and presentations
- Professional positioning on paper
- Mock interviews
- Mock assessments
- One-to-one coaching throughout the MBA.